Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Ben!




Tomorrow is our baby Ben's first birthday. Almost exactly 1 year ago we sent our application in to our adoption agency informing them of our decision to add another child to our family. Our Ben was born at that same time. Due to his adjustment problems we are keeping things normal and will party later on in the summer. Don't worry Ben- there will be many many more birthdays to spend with us! He is slowly adjusting and showing us more and more of who he really is. Every day gets a little better than the last. But until I can grab him at will and kiss him all over his sweet little face- I will not rest. That day will come I know- just be patient. Everyone tells me this and I know it is true. But it is very hard. Extremely hard. He is starting to let me into his world a little at a time. I sometimes push too hard and he pushes back. But today has been a really good day. What a cutie pie.

1 comment:

Byron & Susie Lucas said...

Congratulations to your family! We are so excited for you and are praying for you--I can't imagine how hard (and wonderful!) it must be. But I do know that baby Ben is in the best possible hands. So glad to hear that your family is at home and complete!
Byron, Susie, and Brighton (and baby #2 on the way!) Lucas