Sunday, January 20, 2008

Emma Rose's Baptism





On the Sunday after her birthday we had Emma Rose baptized/christened/dedicated. She got all dressed up in her fancy white dress, white shoes, and pink bow. At the end of the service, Brother Chuck called us to the front along with our families. During his address to us and to the congregation, Emma Rose proceeded to clap, blow kisses, and point to the big stained glass window of Jesus that is directly behind the pulpit. Yea, it was cute. I have to admit it. She was all smiles until Brother Chuck put the water on her head. She lost her smile pretty quick after that. But it came back just as quick. Afterwards, while picture taking, she wanted to see in the baptismal font and feel the water. Very cute. Had to have a picture of it as well. And the bow made it until after everything was over!!! Now that was a miracle!!!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations on the baptism of your beautiful Emma!!! I must say I got a little choked up when I saw your post. I have been dreaming about the day we would baptize our little one. Anyway, she is just precious and I am sure you must be in heaven!!!

Helen Fay said...

She is beautiful!! I love her dress. I am so happy for you all and I'm sorry that I missed the big day! Loved the pictures...it was also good to see a more recent picture of my dad! lol